- In-Library Wireless Access
- Web Accelerators
- License Restrictions
- Barriers to Licensing Electronic Journals, Books, or Databases
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Connect from Off Campus using Web VPN
Add a "View in VPN" Bookmark to Your Browser
You can add a button in your browser to view your current page in the VPN. This is very convenient if you are browsing normally and find a licensed resource that you need to view in the VPN.
- Make sure you are not viewing this page in the VPN. The URL in the address bar should start with "www.lib.ucdavis.edu" not "vpn.lib.ucdavis.edu".
- Right click this link: View In VPN and select "Add to Favorites" or "Bookmark This Link."
- When you are at a site you would like to view in the VPN, select the favorite you just added. If you haven't logged in yet, you will be prompted for your Kerberos login and password.
Platform Specific Notes
When you bookmark the link, you will be prompted to pick a name and a folder.
If you don't have a right mouse button, either hold the Control key to get the right-click menu, or drag the link to your bookmark toolbar.
Make sure your bookmarks bar is visible, then click & drag the link to your bookmarks bar or any folder.
Safari on iPhone or iPad
Create a dummy bookmark first. Then edit and replace the name with "View in VPN", and the url with this javacript: