- How to Use the VPN
- Desktop & Notebook Clients
- Mobile Device Clients
- Querstions and Known Issues
- License Restrictions
- Barriers to Licensing Electronic Journals, Books, or Databases
- Contact Library Technical Support
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
How to Set Up Connection - Step B: Change Your Browser's Cache Settings
Mozilla or Netscape (Macintosh)
Mozilla and Netscape differ only in the heading which appears to the left of the "File" menu on the menu bar. Mentally making the substitution of "Netscape" for "Mozilla", you can use these illustrations as appropriate for both browsers.
- From the menu bar at the top of the window, select "Mozilla" and scroll down to preferences:
- On the left panel, locate the Arrow () next to "Advanced"
- Click on the Arrow () and the Advanced menu will expand.
- Select "Cache" from this list by clicking on the word "Cache".
- Clear the Cache by clicking the button labelled "Clear Cache".
- Under "Compare the page in the cache to the page on the network:", select "Every time I view the page" by clicking on the round button to the left of it.
- Click "OK" to save these settings.
Return to How to Set Up Connection.