- How to Use the VPN
- Desktop & Notebook Clients
- Mobile Device Clients
- Querstions and Known Issues
- License Restrictions
- Barriers to Licensing Electronic Journals, Books, or Databases
- Contact Library Technical Support
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
How to Set Up Connection
Step B: Change Your Browser's Cache Settings
Browsers are normally configured with cache settings that make them appear to perform faster than they really do. Rather than verify that a web document hasn't changed since its last use, the browser will use a copy previously written to "scratch" space in your computer's local storage. Doing so interferes with the UCD campus authentication procedure called distauth and the use of many bibliographic databases, so you must change the setting.
Use the illustrations below as an aid in locating where and how you should change your cache settings.
Return to How to Set Up Connection.