- How to Use the VPN
- Desktop & Notebook Clients
- Mobile Device Clients
- Querstions and Known Issues
- License Restrictions
- Barriers to Licensing Electronic Journals, Books, or Databases
- Contact Library Technical Support
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
How to Set Up Connection - Step A: Set Your Browser to Use the Proxy Service
- Select "Preferences" from the "Safari" menu of the browser toolbar.
- Click on the "Advanced" tab, then click on the "Change Settings" button.
- Click on the check box labeled "Automatic Proxy Configuration."
- Deselect the check box labeled "Use Passive FTP Mode (PASV)" if it is selected.
Enter the following URL into the field labeled "Proxy Configuration File":
WARNING: Avoid common mistakes.
- When using Copy and Paste to enter the URL, be sure there is NO space in front of the http://
- Do not omit the http:// in the URL. It is necessary.
- Click "Apply Now."
- Exit the Safari "Preferences" window.
Return to How to Set Up Connection.