- How to Use the VPN
- Desktop & Notebook Clients
- Mobile Device Clients
- Querstions and Known Issues
- License Restrictions
- Barriers to Licensing Electronic Journals, Books, or Databases
- Contact Library Technical Support
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
How to Set Up Connection - Step A.Set Your Browser to Use the Proxy Service
Mozilla or Netscape (Macintosh, OS X)
Mozilla and Netscape differ only in the heading which appears to the left of the "File" menu on the menu bar. Mentally making the substitution of "Netscape" for "Mozilla", you can use these illustrations as appropriate for both browsers.
- Select "Preferences" from the "Edit" menu of the browser toolbar.
- Expand the category labeled "Advanced" by clicking on the arrow ( ) or plus ( + ) sign to the left of "Advanced."
- Click once on the label "Proxies" to select the "Proxies Pane."
- Click on the radio button labeled "Automatic Proxy Configuration URL."
Enter the following URL into the field labeled "Automatic Proxy Configuration URL":
WARNING: Avoid common mistakes.
- When using Copy and Paste to enter the URL, be sure there is NO space in front of the http://
- Do not omit the http:// in the URL. It is necessary.
- Click the button labeled "Reload."
- Click the button labeled "OK."
Return to How to Set Up Connection.