- In-Library Wireless Access
- Web Accelerators
- License Restrictions
- Barriers to Licensing Electronic Journals, Books, or Databases
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
How to Set Up Connection - Step A. Set Your Browser to Use the Proxy Service
- Select "Preferences" from the "Edit" menu of the browser toolbar.
- Expand the category labeled "Advanced" by clicking on the arrow ( ) or plus ( + ) sign to the left of "Advanced".
- Click once on the label "Proxies" to select the "Proxies Pane".
- Click on the radio button labeled "Automatic Proxy Configuration URL".
Enter the following URL into the field labeled "Automatic Proxy Configuration URL":
WARNING: Avoid common mistakes.
- When using Copy and Paste to enter the URL, be sure there is NO space in front of the http://
- Do not omit the http:// in the URL. It is necessary.
- Click the button labeled "Reload".
- Click the button labeled "OK".
Return to How to Set Up Connection.