- In-Library Wireless Access
- Web Accelerators
- License Restrictions
- Barriers to Licensing Electronic Journals, Books, or Databases
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
How to Set Up Connection - Step A. Set Your Browser to Use the Proxy Service
Internet Explorer (Windows, DSL): One Procedure
- Click the button labeled "LAN settings" (Local Area Network Settings).
- Check the checkbox labeled "Use automatic configuration script".
Enter the following URL into the field labeled "Automatic Proxy Configuration URL":
WARNING: Avoid common mistakes.
- When using Copy and Paste to enter the URL, be sure there is NO space in front of the http://
- Do not omit the http:// in the URL. It is necessary.
- Remove checkmarks from "Automatically detect settings" (if checked) and click the button labeled "OK".
Return to How to Set Up Connection.