- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
University Library News
Social and Cultural Studies Library Research Workshop
October 15, 2012:
This workshop invites graduate students, faculty and other researchers to see and practice with the latest research tools available. Learn effectively ways to construct literature reviews, frame new research questions, and navigate and evaluate the wide variety of information sources available at the University of California and beyond.
Two dates available for this drop in seminar:
- Wednesday, Oct. 17 10:00am-11:30am
- Thursday, Oct. 18 2:00pm-3:30pm
Both in Shields Library Instruction Lab. Room 165.
Topics covered include:
- The latest in database searching (including the Proquest transisiton databases)
- Citation analysis and cited reference searches
- Locating primary source material
- Use of interdisciplinary and specialized reference works
Participants are encouraged to bring along research projects as well as any questions they have about the University Library. Let us learn how we can serve you better.
David Michalski is a UC Davis Librarian subject specialist in the Humanities and Social Sciences Department responsible to these departments and programs: Sociology, Psychology, Human, Community and Regional Development, Geography, Women and Gender Studies, Ethnic Studies, African and African American Studies, Asian American Studies and Cultural Studies.