- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
University Library News
GIS Day - November 17, 2004 at UC Davis
We welcome your participation in GIS Day at UC Davis. Displays, interactive demonstrations and talks about geographic information systems (GIS) will occur from 10 am to 3 pm in the Library Instruction Room on the Second Floor of Shields Library on the UC Davis campus.
Events On Campus
Library Instruction Room, Shields Library, 10 am to 3 pm: Please check back for the presentation schedule which will be available shortly. Posters and Displays will be available throughout the day.
Call for Contributions
We welcome you to participate in GIS Day at UC Davis!
If you have a poster describing applications of GIS, GPS or remote sensing technologies, please send us the title and a short description and we'll save some wall space for you. If you have a computer demonstration or a 20-30 minute talk you would like to present, e-mail your title and abstract to us and we'll include you in the schedule. November 5 is the deadline for adding you to the program.
We will update this GIS Day web page to reflect your contributions and the exact times and locations of events. Please send e-mail to Kathy Stroud if you want to participate in GIS Day, or if you have questions about the event.
We hope to see you on November 17th!
Posters and Displays
Information Center for the Environment
Talks and Computer Demonstrations
Kathy Stroud, Map/GIS Librarian
Government Information and Maps
Campus GIS Resources
To learn more about geographic information systems and related technologies, visit CalSpace's Tutorials page. Many groups on campus use GIS in their research and instruction, and many GIS Resources are available on campus. Some of the Resources are listed below:
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS), UC Davis Library
- Department of Environmental Science and Policy, Information Center for the Environment
- Center for Spatial Technologies and Remote Sensing
- College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences Informatics Center
- California Space Institute
- Community Design and Planning Services
- Engineering Services - Geographic Information Systems
- MyUCDavis faculty, students and staff may purchase GIS software
- Geographic Information Systems Minor
- GIS Related Courses at UC Davis
- UC Davis Extension GIS Courses
- firstname.lastname@example.org - An e-mail discussion list for UC Davis and affiliated GIS users. To subscribe, send the message subscribe gisinfo YOUR NAME to Listproc@ucdavis.edu.
Published: October 1, 2004