- Getting Started
- My Account
- Searching the Harvest: Library Catalog
- Truncation, Wild Cards and Other Searching Tips
- Modifying Search Results
- Other Catalogs - Subsets of Harvest
- Viewing and Managing Search Results
- Command Search Help
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
Registered users may access their account by using the My Account link on the top bar. If you have not logged on yet for the session, you will be automatically directed to the sign in screen before you access My Account.
The My Account function allows you to:
- View your library account to see what you have checked out from the UC Davis University Library and Shields Interlibrary Loan.
- View your library account to see outstanding recalls that you have placed.
- Renew books and other materials checked out to your account.
- Cancel recalls you have placed on materials that are checked out to other patrons.
- Request that available materials be sent from one library to another more convenient one for pickup, if you are a UC student, faculty or staff member. For example, you may request that a book be sent from Carlson Health Sciences Library to the Blaisdell Medical Library.
To renew books and materials, click on the number next to Items Checked Out to see what you have checked out. You may renew all books and materials that are available for renewal by clicking on the Renew all link. To renew individual titles only, click on the check box of the items you wish to renew, and then click on Renew Selected.
By clicking on All items in the "Full View of Record" display, UC faculty, staff and students may use the Request link to:
- Request an item that is checked out to another user be recalled for your use. You can choose the campus library where you want to pick up the item.
- Request an available item to be sent from the Carlson Health Sciences Library (CHSL) or Blaisdell Medical Library (BML) for pickup at the Shields Library or Physical Sciences & Engineering Libraries (PSEL), or from Shields or PSEL to CHSL or BML. Faculty and research borrowers may request items be sent to any library.
- Request a book that is "In-process" be cataloged and made available for your use.
- Request an item that is "On order" be cataloged when it arrives and made available for your use. This may take some time as items "On order"" may take weeks, months or longer to be received. If you need an on order item quickly, you may receive it faster by using InterLibrary Loan.
Materials that cannot be requested:
- Materials with a loan period of less than one week.
- Library Use Only items (e.g., reference books, special collections, maps, microforms, etc.)
- Materials on Course Reserve
- Available materials in your home library. For example, you cannot request an available item in Shields Library be paged and held for pickup at the Shields Circulation Desk.
- Serials that are "In-process." These should be requested at a reference desk.
You will need your library barcode and PIN to log in and use the request feature. For additional information on circulation services, or to change your PIN number, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (530) 752‑1203.