Hall, John A. Papers
Collection Number: MC249
- John Alvin Hall (b. circa 1835) lived in Nevada City, California in the 1860s.
- Five letters between various members of the Hall Family, several receipts, a carte de visite of Edward W. Hall, and a handwritten family record of Sargent Hall and Nancy Clay. The 1864 letter from George Hall discusses his enlistment in the 35th Regiment, Massachusetts Infantry and the regiment's subsequent activities in the United States Civil War.
- Inclusive Dates
- California History
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/c8vt1svn/)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.