- Photographic Collections
- Media & Digital Collections
- About the University Archives
- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Special Collections will be closed on Thursday, September 15, 2016
Halberstadt, Milton (1919-2000). Papers.
Collection Number: D-468
- 50 linear feet
- Milton "Hal" Halberstadt, owned and operated M. Halberstadt Illustration Photography Studio in San Francisco from 1945-1973. He specialized in advertising photography and created campaigns for Del Monte Foods, Foremost Brands, Spice Islands, Dole, Raisin Growers Association, Paul Masson Vineyards, among others. After closing the studio in 1973, he taught photography at the University of California, Berkeley, San Francisco State and the University of Oregon.
- Photographs, proofs, transparencies, and negatives of Halberstadt's work. Commercial and business correspondence related to photography, business ledgers and records, and teaching documents and notes.
- Inclusive Dates
- Circa 1936-2000.
- Art and Architecture
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt3j49s14x/)
- Digitized images from this collection are available on Calisphere (http://calisphere.cdlib.org/collections/2/)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.