Bartley, Basil G. D. Papers on Cacao.
Collection Number: D-461
- 40.4 linear feet
- Basil George David Bartley (1927- ) spent a lifetime studying cacao. Dr. Bartley was born in New Delhi, India and received his Ph.D. in Biology and Plant Breeding from Iowa State University (1950). He is the author of The Genetic Diversity of Cacao and Its Utilization (CABI Publishing, 2005).
- Field notebooks of observations on cacao and experiments in Brazil, Trinidad, and other countries; diaries containing field observations and summaries; books, pamphlets and extracts from literature on cacao; correspondence relating to cacao germplasm; and photographs, slides and recorded tape commentaries to accompany the field research notebooks.
- Inclusive Dates
- Food Processing and Manufacture
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt4g5026db)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.