- Photographic Collections
- Media & Digital Collections
- About the University Archives
- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Special Collections will be closed on Thursday, September 15, 2016
Companhia Geral da Agricultura das Vinhas do Alto Douro. Collection.
Collection Number: D-283
- 1 linear feet
- The Companhia Geral da Agricultura das Vinhas do Alto Douro was established as a royal monopoly to regulate the manufacture and trade of port wine and to curb the encroachment of British influence on the Portuguese wine industry.
- Documents issued by the Companhia from 1756 to 1852, consisting of two categories: 1) Alvaras, or royal decrees, and 2) Editals, or edicts issued by the governing body of the Companhia. The documents contain technical, economic, and legal information.
- Inclusive Dates
- Viticulture and Enology
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.