- Photographic Collections
- Media & Digital Collections
- About the University Archives
- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Special Collections will be closed on Thursday, September 15, 2016
McKinnon and Ruble Families Papers.
Collection Number: D-405
- 48.9 linear feet
- The McKinnon and Ruble Families Papers focus on the life and career of Aloysius John McKinnon, M.D. (1870-1933); the Ruble family of his wife Mary Elizabeth "Lizzie" Ruble McKinnon (1875-1916); and the lives of their children as related to the family home and ranch in Rio Vista. The Papers provide insights into a family's life in ranching and medicine in Rio Vista, California primarily through the first half of the twentieth century.
- Correspondence, legal and financial documents, ranch records, financial records from Dr. McKinnon's medical practice, photographs, and medical equipment and supplies.
- Inclusive Dates
- California History
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://findaid.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt087017c9)
- Web exhibit (http://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/dept/specol/exhibits/mckinnon/)
- Related Collection
- Rodgerson, Eleanor, MD. Papers.
- The McKinnon and Ruble Families Papers are connected to the Rodgerson Papers as Dr. Donald McKinnon, son of Aloysius and Lizzie McKinnon, was Dr. Eleanor Rodgerson's husband.
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.