- Photographic Collections
- Media & Digital Collections
- About the University Archives
- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Special Collections will be closed on Thursday, September 15, 2016
Vauxhall Gardens Collection.
Collection Number: MC036
- The New Spring Garden at Vauxhall which opened around 1661 eventually became London's most popular place of entertainment in the 18th century, offering concerts, glee-singing, fireworks, and spectacular dramatic shows. In the early 19th century, Vauxhall, now known as the Royal Gardens, remained popular, but rioting and disorders caused its closure in 1859.
- Clippings, correspondence, financial papers, legal documents, and programs pertaining to London's Vauxhall Gardens. Accounts and salary details, legal and insurance fees, and auction records.
- Inclusive Dates
- Performing Arts
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/c87w6gkb/)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.