- Photographic Collections
- Media & Digital Collections
- About the University Archives
- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Special Collections will be closed on Thursday, September 15, 2016
Sacramento Book Collectors Club Collection.
Collection Number: MC012
- Founded in 1939 by a secondhand book dealer, a schoolteacher, and a newspaperman, the Sacramento Book Collectors Club's purpose is to create finely printed editions of unique works describing Sacramento history.
- Typescript and proofs for the translated journals of the Duke of Wurttemberg (Friedrich Paul Wilhelm), a new world explorer and naturalist whose travels took him to Sacramento in 1851-1852. The translation was printed in an edition of 400 copies by the Grabhorn Hoyem Press and published by the Sacramento Book Collectors Club in 1973.
- Inclusive Dates
- Language and Literature
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.