- Photographic Collections
- Media & Digital Collections
- About the University Archives
- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Hecke, George H. Papers.
Collection Number: D-507
- 0.5 linear feet
Owner and farmer of "The Yolanda," 160 acres of orchard and vineyard, and "The Copa de Oro," 200 acres of alfalfa and grain, in Woodland, California during the early-to-mid 20th century. Hecke was California's first Director of Agriculture, serving from 1919-1931.
Personal and business correspondence and one volume of minutes of the California State Board of Agriculture. Subjects include family news, crop sales, supply orders, ranch workers, and political activity with state and federal agricultural boards.
- Inclusive Dates
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt1p3035k8/)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.