- Photographic Collections
- Media & Digital Collections
- About the University Archives
- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Special Collections will be closed on Thursday, September 15, 2016
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms Archives: Wine Bottle Labels.
Collection Number: D-127
- 112 linear feet
- The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, a department of the U.S. Treasury, licenses U.S. wineries for operation and regulates the labeling of foreign and domestic wine and spirits.
- Wine labels and label permit applications submitted by domestic dealers, wineries, or importers to the BATF for approval. Information required on the label includes winery or distillery name and location, type of beverage, content, name of importer or distributor, and in the case of wines, vintage year.
- Inclusive Dates
- Viticulture and Enology
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.