- Photographic Collections
- Media & Digital Collections
- About the University Archives
- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Special Collections will be closed on Thursday, September 15, 2016
Shields, Peter J. (1862-1962). Collection.
Collection Number: D-169
- 4.2 linear feet
- Peter J. Shields presided as a Superior Court Judge in Sacramento County from 1900 to 1949. In 1905, Shields wrote the legislation that led to the establishment of the University Farm. He maintained his association with the campus until his death in 1962.
- The Peter J. Shields Collection contains both personal papers and materials related to the creation of the University of California, Davis campus.
- Inclusive Dates
- California History
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://findaid.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt6k4022tw)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.