- Photographic Collections
- Media & Digital Collections
- About the University Archives
- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Special Collections will be closed on Thursday, September 15, 2016
Roth, Raymond F. Papers.
Collection Number: D-234
- 6.1 linear feet
- Raymond F. Roth (1915-1991) spent much of his career working for farm labor programs. After a brief stint from 1941 to 1942 working for the Farm Security Administration, Roth joined the U.S. Navy during World War II. After his return to civilian life, Roth worked in different capacities for the California Department of Employment, Farm Labor Service. His work included the administration of migrant labor and housing programs for U.S. citizens as well as Mexican Nationals in the Bracero Program.
- Reference files, publications, and photographic material on the Department of Employment, Farm Labor Service and the Bracero Program. The collection also contains annual reports, speeches, correspondence, memoranda, internal reports and bulletins, financial records, and training manuals. The Military Service series contains both Roth's naval records and his wife Marcella M. Lantz's army records and includes training orders, medical records, transfer and promotion records, certificates, and release documents.
- Inclusive Dates
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://findaid.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt3h4nc8mz)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.