- Photographic Collections
- Media & Digital Collections
- About the University Archives
- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Special Collections will be closed on Thursday, September 15, 2016
Collection Number: D-342
- 464 linear feet
- Collection represents the first major step in instituting an automated system capable of monitoring crop conditions and estimating crop production on a worldwide basis. Accompanying documents assist in the identification of small grains, such as wheat, using satellite imagery. This joint agricultural monitoring effort included the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Aerial photographic negatives and transparencies of croplands. Country areas include Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, India, USSR, and United States.
- Inclusive Dates
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/c8057j5r/)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.