- Photographic Collections
- Media & Digital Collections
- About the University Archives
- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Special Collections will be closed on Thursday, September 15, 2016
Harrison, Margaret B. (1911-1980). Collection.
Collection Number: D-069
- 1 linear feet
- Harrison became interested in fine bookbinding in the 1930's and apprenticed for a time with master bookbinder Hazel Dreis. For more than four decades, her bookbinding skills enabled her to bind and preserve a number of volumes within the Michael and Margaret B. Harrison Western Americana collection. In September, 1990, the preservation department of the General Library of the University of California at Davis was dedicated in her honor.
- Material catalogs and samples, invoices and expense ledgers, clippings, correspondence, and journals relating to fine bookbinding.
- Inclusive Dates
- Art and Architecture
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/c86h4k3f/)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.