- Photographic Collections
- Media & Digital Collections
- About the University Archives
- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Special Collections will be closed on Thursday, September 15, 2016
Harbison, John S. (1826-1912). Papers.
Collection Number: D-080
- 1.3 linear feet
- One of the first beekeepers to import bees into California and inventor of innovative beehives and new methods of rearing queen bees; author of An improved system of propagating the honey bee (1860) and The beekeepers' directory (1861).
- Daybooks documenting Harbison's beekeeping activities; correspondence to and from his brothers, his patent representatives, and business partners; and deeds, business receipts and patent grants.
- Inclusive Dates
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://findaid.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt7f59r97g)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.