- Photographic Collections
- Media & Digital Collections
- About the University Archives
- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Special Collections will be closed on Thursday, September 15, 2016
Firehouse Theatre Archives.
Collection Number: D-064
- 4.9 linear feet
- The Firehouse Theatre was founded in Minneapolis in 1963 as an avant-garde theatre company, and moved to San Francisco in 1969. Dedicated to experimental theatre with new staging techniques, they produced works by Jack Gelber, Megan Terry, Sam Shepard, and Jean-Claude Van Itallie, among others.
- Correspondence, films, photographs, promotional materials, and workshop notebooks documenting the history of the Firehouse Theatre from its beginnings in Minnesota to its residence in San Francisco.
- Inclusive Dates
- Performing Arts
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt987023hp)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.