Finney, Ruth (1898-1979). Papers.
Collection Number: D-070
- 7.6 linear feet
- Western correspondent for the Scripps-Howard Newspaper Alliance; covered the Teapot Dome Oil scandal, monitored the passage of the Boulder Canyon Project Act, and investigated corruption in the electric and gas utilities industry. Nominated for the Pulitzer Prize in 1931.
- Materials relating to Finney's career as a newspaper reporter, including correspondence, scrapbooks, diaries, manuscripts, clippings, photographs, research materials, legal documents, and personal mementos. Also contains her unpublished autobiography, Journey From the Star, and her unpublished history of Downieville, California, Rogues and Riches.
- Inclusive Dates
- Language and Literature
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/tf3g50053n)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.