Anderson Valley Advertiser Archives.
Collection Number: D-171
- 28.8 linear feet
- Founded in 1956 by Elizabeth and Steven Malgrem, the Anderson Valley Advertiser operates as a local weekly newspaper in Boonville, California. In 1984, Bruce Anderson purchased the paper and changed its focus, emphasizing environmental and political issues.
- The Anderson Valley Advertiser (AVA) Archives features correspondence, secondary research, ephemera, photographs, and other materials related to Bruce Anderson, editor of the Anderson Valley Advertiser. The collection features materials related to Earth First!, environmental activist Judi Bari, the Mendocino County School Board, the Wanda Tinasky controversy, and the New Boonville Hotel. The collection also features newspaper clippings from various Bay Area newspapers and magazines, such as the San Francisco Chronicle, and includes back issues of the AVA from 1978-2011.
- Inclusive Dates
- California History
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/c8vt1ts5/)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.