- Blanchard, Christine H. - Rudyard Kipling Book and Pamphlet Collection
- History of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine Collection
- The Kohler Collection
- McConnell, Winder. Book Collection on the Waffen-SS
- Noling, A.W. Hurty-Peck Collection of Beverage Literature
- Photographic Collections
- Media & Digital Collections
- About the University Archives
- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Special Collections will be closed on Thursday, September 15, 2016
Other Book Collections
Native American History and Collection
- History of this Collection:
- This collection was established in the mid-1990's to augment strong existing manuscript collections in the area of Native American Studies, and as a means to document, preserve, and make available scarce and ephemeral publications documenting the history and culture of Native Americans.
- Overview/ Highlights of Collection:
- UC Davis offers a doctoral program in Native American Studies. As such we seek to supplement and provide additional support for research and education in Native American Studies.
- Collection Strengths:
- History of Indian tribes of the American West.
- Indian Rights Movement.
- Tribal publications in California and the West.
- Related Collections:
- The Michael and Margaret B. Harrison Western Research Center has a significant collection of books on Native Americans. The collection also includes some examples of Native American craftsmanship in pottery and baskets. One highlight of Michael Harrison's collection is a complete folio set of the Edward Curtis's "The North American Indian". For more information on this see the Michael and Margaret B. Harrison Western Research Center Collection.
- See also the Manuscript Collections in Ethnic Studies.