Other Book Collections
Native American History and Collection
- History of this Collection:
- This collection was established in the mid-1990's to augment strong
existing manuscript collections in the area of Native American Studies,
and as a means to document, preserve, and make available scarce and
ephemeral publications documenting the history and culture of Native
- Overview/ Highlights of Collection:
- UC Davis offers a doctoral program in Native American Studies. As such
we seek to supplement and provide additional support for research and
education in Native American Studies.
- Collection Strengths:
- History of Indian tribes of the American West.
- Indian Rights Movement.
- Tribal publications in California and the West.
- Related Collections:
- The Michael and Margaret B. Harrison Western Research Center has a significant
collection of books on Native Americans. The collection also includes some examples
of Native American craftsmanship in pottery and baskets. One highlight of Michael
Harrison's collection is a complete folio set of the Edward Curtis's
"The North American Indian". For more information on this
see the Michael and Margaret B. Harrison
Western Research Center Collection.
- See also the Manuscript
Collections in Ethnic Studies.
- Items in the collection may be located through the Harvest online catalog by searching:
WPC = (native american history collection)