- Blanchard, Christine H. - Rudyard Kipling Book and Pamphlet Collection
- History of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine Collection
- The Kohler Collection
- McConnell, Winder. Book Collection on the Waffen-SS
- Noling, A.W. Hurty-Peck Collection of Beverage Literature
- Photographic Collections
- Media & Digital Collections
- About the University Archives
- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Other Book Collections
The Kohler Collection
The Kohler Collection of Minor British Poetry at the University of California, Davis consists of more than 14,000 volumes published in Great Britain and Ireland between 1789 and 1918. The collection includes known and lesser known poets. Found in the collection are commercially published volumes of well known titles as well as privately printed little known titles. While the title of the collection derives from its provenance, it should be noted that the collection includes works of Irish as well as British poets.
The volumes were gathered by the English bookseller C. C. Kohler and cataloged by Michele Kohler. In 1983, then University Librarian Bernard Kreissman purchased the collection, building on library collection strengths in British literature and history. Additions to the collection were purchased in later years, most recently in 2006.
At this point, the majority of the Kohler collection has been catalogued with records appearing in both OCLC and RLIN, and in the UC Davis online catalog and within the University of California campus system on Melvyl (http://ucdavis.worldcat.org) .
Microfilm copies of works in the collection are available for institutional purchase and through interlibrary loan.
The University Library began a project in 1998 to identify and make accessible the works of women poets. The Kohler Collection serves as the main source for the British Women Romantic Poets Project, encoding texts by women poets writing between 1789 and 1832. Digital copies of texts may be found at: British Women Romantic Poets Project