- Blanchard, Christine H. - Rudyard Kipling Book and Pamphlet Collection
- History of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine Collection
- The Kohler Collection
- McConnell, Winder. Book Collection on the Waffen-SS
- Noling, A.W. Hurty-Peck Collection of Beverage Literature
- Photographic Collections
- Media & Digital Collections
- About the University Archives
- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- My Account
- Activate your library card
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Other Book Collections
Blanchard, Christine H. — Rudyard Kipling Book and Pamphlet
In 1997, Christine Blanchard donated to Special Collections, General Library, University of California, Davis a collection of Rudyard Kipling's published works. This collection of over 500 volumes includes the first editions (usually both the British and American) of almost all of Kipling's books, as well as many scarce pamphlet publications of individual poems and short prose pieces, and a number of journals containing the original appearances of his works.
A notable part of the collection is an assemblage of the first Indian editions of Kipling's earliest books, which were published while the young Kipling was working as a newspaper editorial assistant in British Colonial India.
Other works in the Blanchard Collection include the scarce first edition of Kipling's first collection of short stories, Plain Stories from the Hills; a complete set of The Indian Railway Series books; Michael Sadleir's copies of the first editions of The Jungle Book and The Second Jungle Book, and a copy of the rare suppressed edition, Letters of Marque.
The Christine H. Blanchard Rudyard Kipling Book and Pamphlet Collection is available for use in the Special Collections Blanchard Reading Room.