Status of Your Requests
- Book Chapter
- Government Document
- Journal or Newspaper range
- Alternative Request Forms
Interlibrary Lending Services
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
My ILL Requests - FAQ
How to Login to your ILL Request Account:
Go to My ILL Requests (http://ucill.cdlib.org:8082/zportal)
- User ID:
- If you are an AGGIE-CARD holder, your library account number is the 14 digit barcode or the 9 digit ID number on your AGGIE-CARD. Most older AGGIE-CARDs use the 14 digit barcode starting with 211750. Newer accounts will use your Employee ID number or your Student ID number.
- Your PIN is the number you selected when registering for library privileges. Forgot your PIN? Request a new PIN/Password now. If you need assistance with your PIN contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (530) 752‑1203.
- Authentication Service:
- Choose UCD only.
Login Failure messages
- Authentication declined: Borrower is blocked from making Requests
- means that your UCD library account is blocked. View "Your Account" in Library Search to see if any items are overdue or declared lost (https://search.library.ucdavis.edu/). Returning or renewing such items may unblock your account. Check with a library Circulation desk to determine how to clear your account.
- Authentication declined: Your Borrower ID and/or Library Catalog pin# is invalid.
- Review and follow the "How to Login to your ILL Request Account" at the top of this page.
Using My ILL Requests
Once you have successfully logged-in to your account, you can choose to sort your requests by Author, ILL No., Title, or Need by date, and you can display up to 20 requests per page (we suggest sorting by ILL No. / descending, which will generally display the most recently submitted requests at the top of the list). After your choices are set, hit Submit.
Only "active" ILL requests display. This includes:
- Items that are being processed
- Items pending at potential suppliers
- Items shipped but not yet received
- Items received
- Items returned but not yet checked in at the supplying library location.
Requests submitted through the UCD Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery Service - Alternative Request Forms require special handling by staff and may not display in your ILL account for several days. Requests handled by the Carlson Health Sciences Library, the Blaisdell Medical Center Library, the Physical Sciences & Engineering Library, and the UCD Document Delivery Service may not appear in this list at all. If you have placed a request and it does not appear in the My ILL Requests database, please do not re-submit the request, check with your interlibrary loan department to see what happened to your original submission.
If you have no active ILL requests, the following will display:
A typical request in your list will look like this:
The "Status" of your requests will be displayed in the record. Following is a list of possible statuses and what they mean:
- In process
- your request is in the process of being fulfilled (potential suppliers are being sought and queried)
- your request, whether a copy or a loan, has been received by the UCD ILL Department. Copies (non-returnables), whether delivered electronically or as a paper copy, will display in your list for 30 days from the received date.
- your loan request has been reported returned by the UCD ILL Department. Record will disappear from your list when the lending library has formally "checked in" the item.
- Renewal pending
- the UCD ILL Department has formally submitted a renewal request to the lending institution.
- the lending library has recalled the item in your loan request.
The due dates that appear in this database are the dates extended from the Lending Library to UCD as a borrowing library. Once you check out ILL material from the Shields Library Circulation desk you will receive a due date in your Library Account (https://search.library.ucdavis.edu/). The Harvest due date supersedes the due dates you may see in the My ILL Requests database. Due dates that you receive in Overdue notices and Recall notices are always binding no matter what due date shows in the My ILL Request database.
UCD ILL users should renew loans in their Library Account (https://search.library.ucdavis.edu/).
Canceling a request
You may submit a request to cancel an ILL request directly from your ILL account, if the "cancel" option is available. (An item may not allow a cancellation due to its current status with the lending library.) To cancel a request, click on its Title or View link.
In the resulting "Request Details" screen, click on the Cancel link.
Clicking the Send email button at the bottom of the resulting form, sends your cancel request to the UCD Interlibrary Loan Office.
Click the OK button to close this window and return to the "Request Details" screen.