Status of Your Requests
- Book Chapter
- Government Document
- Journal or Newspaper range
- Alternative Request Forms
Interlibrary Lending Services
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Interlibrary Loan obtains materials or copies of materials that are not available at UC Davis from other libraries within the UC system or from libraries throughout the world. Interlibrary loan is available to UC faculty, staff, and students. Undergraduates and non-research staff may be required to pay charges for items not owned by UC or affiliated libraries. There are significant costs associated with an interlibrary loan. The ILL service supports university research, teaching, coursework, and patient care for UC Davis faculty, staff, and students. Requests for recreational materials should be placed through your public library.
Request a Book or Article
Request an item directly from the UC-wide Melvyl Catalog or a database
- Melvyl: search the catalog, then use the (http://www.cdlib.org/services/d2d/ill/request/Request_Help.html) service.
- Article Indexes and Databases: search the index, then use (http://www.cdlib.org/services/d2d/ucelinks/about_ucelinks.html)
Request an item using Blank Request Forms
All of these Request Forms require a library account and PIN number. For Aggiecard holders, your account number is the 14 digit barcode or 9 digit student or employee ID number on your Aggiecard. If you have not yet set up a PIN number or if you have lost or forgotten your PIN number you can Request a new PIN/Password or contact library circulation at 530-752-8792.
Use these online forms to place requests when you have a complete citation. For help with incomplete citations, use the Subject Guides to select an article index to search or ask for research assistance at a reference desk.
Frequently Asked Questions About Interlibrary Loan
- Am I Eligible For Interlibrary Loan?
- How Long Does It Take?
- How Long Can Items Be Kept?
- Which Items Can Be Requested?
- Which Items Cannot Be Requested?
- Can Videos Be Requested Through ILL?
- Where Do My Requests Go Once I've Placed Them?
- Will There Be A Charge For An ILL Request?
- Where Do I Get In-Person Help With ILL Requests?
- Non-UCD libraries and institutions wishing to borrow from Shields & PSE Libraries
- Non-UCD libraries and institutions wishing to borrow from Health Science Libraries