Humanities & Social Sciences
LGBT Internet Resources
General & Comprehensive Sites
- Voice of the Shuttle: Gender Studies
- Large metasite with links on many research topics, including Gay, Lesbian, and Queer Studies.
- LGBT Resources Links [UC San Francisco]
- Compiled by UCSF, this useful set of links provides information on local and national resources, including transgender and intersex topics.
- Suggests books on various specialized topics in queer studies. While the lists are useful, be aware that Amazon.com clearly controls aspects of this site.
- Gay and Lesbian Studies [New York Public Library]
- Information on the collections of NYPL, with recommended books for a variety of topics useful to users at any institution.
- Queer Resources Directory
- Contains huge number of internet files on a variety of social and research topics.
- Lesbian Herstory Archives
- Information about the largest and oldest Lesbian archive in the world, located in New York.
- Directory of internet sources on politics, arts & culture, and other wide-ranging topics.
- The Other Queer Page
- Provides over 1350 sorted links of gay, lesbian, bisexual & transgender resources available on the Web.
- Bisexual Resource Center
- Online guide to groups, archives, and resources relevant to the bisexual community. See also the paper guide in Shields Library,
HSSGIS Reference, call number HQ74 .B558 2001.
- GLAAD Media Reference Guide
- Guide for media outlets on preferred terminology and inclusive language, with useful glossaries on important LGBT terms.
- ONE National Gay & Lesbian Archives
- ONE Archives holdings are international with a special focus on the GLBT history of Los Angeles. The site includes a searchable database of holdings.
- The Advocate
- Online version of the popular magazine with some full text content. The paper version is available in UC Davis Shields Library Reserves, call number HQ76.A1 A4.
- UC Davis LGBT Resource Center
- The Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Resource Center at UC Davis is located at the University House Annex, One Shields Avenue.
The site includes information about services and numerous related campus organizations, as well as a database of the Center's collection of books and videos. University House Annex / Phone Number: (530) 752-2452
- UC Davis Women's Resources and Research Center
- Located in North Hall, the WRRC provides programming and special events, classes, information on campus women's issues, and a library of books and periodicals for gender study. North Hall, First Floor / phone: (530) 752-3372
- Lavender Library, Archives, and Cultural Exchange of Sacramento
- Provides library and archival materials, as well as information on community events in Sacramento. 1414 21st Street, Sacramento / phone: (916) 492-0558
- UC Davis Graduate Group in Cultural Studies
- Information on the graduate program in Cultural Studies, which allows students to choose an emphasis in Sexualities.2201 Hart Hall
- Gender Blender [UC Davis]
- A project from the Office of Graduate Studies (Professors for the Future), designed to provide social support for queer graduate
students and postdocs. Check site for colloquium information and recommended internet links.
- GLBT Historical Society [San Francisco]
- Merging with the International Museum of Gay and Lesbian History in 2002, the GLBTHS Library and Archives contain materials
primarily about GLBT life in Northern California. These include manuscripts, oral histories, ephemera, periodicals, and erotica.657 Mission Street #300 / San Francisco, CA 94105 / phone: (415) 777-5455
- James C. Hormel Gay and Lesbian Center [San Francisco Public Library]
- Research center devoted to the documentation of lesbian and gay history and culture, located on the third floor of the Main SF Public Library. 100 Larkin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 / phone: (415) 557-4400
- Center for AIDS Prevention Studies [UC San Francisco, AIDS Research Institute]
- Conducts local, national, and international interdisciplinary research on methods to prevent HIV infection and its consequences.74 New Montgomery, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94105 / phone: (415) 597-9100
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Studies Resources [UC Berkeley]
- Information on GLBT Studies resources at UC Berkeley, including videos, related collections, and recommended internet sites.
- UCLBGTIA: University of California Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex Association
- Provides support for the University of California community with respect to diverse sexual and/or gender orientations. Membership includes faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
- Sexual Orientation: Science, Education, and Policy [UC Davis Psychology Department]
- Features work by Dr. Gregory Herek, an internationally recognized authority on sexual prejudice (or homophobia), hate crimes, and AIDS stigma. It provides factual information to promote the use of scientific knowledge for education and enlightened public policy related to sexual orientation and HIV/AIDS.
- Mom Guess What [Sacramento]
- View the current issue of Sacramento area newspaper covering GLBT concerns. Paper copies of the paper are held in UC Davis Shields Library, call number HQ75 .M6.