- PubMed (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?tool=cdl&otool=cdlotool)
- CAB Abstracts (http://ovidsp.ovid.com/ovidweb.cgi?T=JS&MODE=ovid&NEWS=N&PAGE=main&D=cabz)
- CINAHL Plus Full Text (http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&profile=ehost&defaultdb=ccm)
- Embase (http://www.embase.com/home)
- Electronic Databases A-Z
- Electronic Journals
- Electronic Texts (select)
UCD Health Links
- School of Medicine (http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/medschool/)
- School of Veterinary Medicine (http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/)
- UCDavis Health System (http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/welcome/)
- VMTH (http://www.vmth.ucdavis.edu/)
- Ask Now (http://www.questionpoint.org/crs/servlet/org.oclc.home.TFSRedirect?Virtcategory=10975)
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Carlson Health Sciences Library Study and Conference Rooms
The Carlson Health Sciences Library has 24 private study rooms available for individual and group study, and one conference room available for classes and meetings as needs permit. Two collaboration rooms are also available for group study or meetings. Study and collaboration rooms may be borrowed for four hours; in-person renewals are permitted as long as there are no outstanding requests for the space. The conference room is available by reservation only; drop-in use of this space is not permitted.
All rooms are available during normal library hours. Room keys and any peripheral equipment must be checked out at the Circulation Desk. Study rooms may be used by any borrower possessing a valid UC Davis library card.
Wireless access is available throughout the library, and all study rooms are wired for DHCP access (http://netaccess.ucdavis.edu/).
Lockers are available for long-term storage of study materials or related items.
Room Sizes and Formats
Small study rooms accommodate a single user. The four medium-size study rooms accommodate 2-3 users, while the four large-size study rooms accommodate 4+ users. All rooms have network connections; some small rooms and all medium and large rooms have either chalk or dry-erase boards.
Collaboration rooms accommodate 6+ users. Both rooms have dry-erase boards and pull-down screens for projection viewing.
The conference room accommodates approximately 12 users at the conference table, with additional seating available away from the table. A Tandberg communication system is available in the conference room, as well as both a chalk and dry-erase board. Those responsible for the operation of the room equipment and software are encouraged to make an appointment with a library staff member to learn basic operations. Library staff will not be available to operate equipment. Because this is the only room with videoconferencing equipment, a reservation might need to be cancelled to allow use of this capability.
Rooms can be reserved by anyone possessing a valid UC Davis library card. Room reservations may be made online at the Library's web page. Reservations will be processed by Library staff Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM till 4:30 PM. Unreserved rooms are available for use on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Rooms may be reserved for hours the library is open.
- Rooms may be reserved for a maximum of four hours, in increments of 30 minutes.
- Keys and equipment will be checked out only to the person who makes the reservation.
- Rooms are to be reserved for occasional use only. Reserving any room for recurring blocks of time (weekly, monthly, etc.) is not permitted.
- Reservations are accepted in advance. Same day reservations are allowed as space and time permit.
- Reservations are tentative until receipt of an email confirmation. Unconfirmed reservations may not be honored.
- To accommodate the maximum number of users, library staff reserve the right to move any reservation to another study room, as needed.
- Rooms not used within 15 minutes of the scheduled reservation start-time are considered vacant and will be available to others on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Keys and equipment checked out are subject to overdue fines and replacement fees.
Restrictions and Exemptions
- Events with food and drink are permitted in the conference room only.
- Reservations require a valid library card.
- Policy exemption or modification requests will be referred to the Head of Access Services for consideration.
- To cancel a room or equipment reservation, contact the CHSL Reserves Unit at (530) 752‑1216.
- The conference room is available by reservation only. Drop-in use of this space is not permitted.
Please direct questions regarding room reservations to the CHSL Reserves Unit at (530) 752‑1216. If you prefer, you may send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.