- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
In response to the UC Davis Vision of Excellence and related planning activities (particularly the 2020 Plan and recent Blue Ribbon reports) the UC Davis University Library has developed a new Strategic Plan. The Plan identifies key areas for the Library to focus its efforts and resources, while continuing to provide the high quality research collections and academic services on which the entire university community depends. The world in which libraries function has been radically altered by technology and the digital research material, and by the rapidly changing behavior and expectations of our clients – particularly the UC Davis faculty and students. The transition of research and teaching collections and related services to the digital, networked environment continues at breakneck speed and if the Library is to continue to serve as the academic heart of the university then it must have clear strategic goals and priorities to inform its decisions and its work. Our Strategic Planning process has been open, inclusive and transparent while moving as swiftly as possible. We ask for feedback on the Plan at any time, and will update it at least annually as we gather feedback on its impact on the community.
Mission, Vision and Value Statements
Advance the community's success and impact through knowledge stewardship
The University Library advances the success and impact of the UC Davis community by providing access to, expert assistance with, and stewardship of recorded knowledge; by investing in environments conducive to study, learning, and collaborative research; and by collecting and stewarding its contributions to knowledge and society, i.e. the careful and responsible management of the record of scholarship done by UC Davis faculty and researchers, made globally available and preserved for the future.
The Library is the academic hub of UC Davis, advancing research, education and innovation in a networked world.
The UC Davis University Library will be an interdisciplinary resource for the entire community that enables transformative research and education through its provision of critical scholarship, tools and services.
We are a broadly collaborative and client-centered organization that values high quality scholarship, learning, and service to our community. We provide a work environment of integrity, respect and transparency, and a staff characterized by excellence, diversity, flexibility, and risk-taking.
Library Town Hall Meetings
- September 13, 2012
- January 15, 2013
- June 11, 2013
- September 24, 2013
- March 4, 2014
- June 24, 2014
- September 16, 2014
- March 3, 2015
- July 1, 2015
After significant consultation over the past year with Library staff and UC Davis faculty, student and administration groups, the UC Davis University Library's Strategic Plan for 2013-2016 is now final. We are beginning implementation of the Plan, including a new organizational design for the Library that will accelerate our ability to advance the Plan's goals in the context of the University's Vision of Excellence and 2020 Initiative
Optional Reading Categories
Forces of Change at UC Davis
- 2020 Initiative (http://chancellor.ucdavis.edu/initiatives/2020_Initiative/index.html)
- Budget reports (http://budget.ucdavis.edu/data-reports/budget-reports)
- UC Libraries Priorities for 2013-16 (http://uc-libraries-priorities-2013-2016.pdf)PDF
- UCLA Strategic Plan (http://www.library.ucla.edu/pdf/UCLA-LibraryStrategicPlan2012-19.pdf)PDF
- UC Berkeley Survey Report (http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/AboutLibrary/Hart_Survey_Report_Re-Envisioning_UC_Berkeley_Library.pdf)PDF
- UC Irvine Library Task Force Report (http://www.evc.uci.edu/budget/Library%20Task%20Force%20Report.pdf)PDF
See Also (for Library Staff)
- Library Strategic Planning Process Steering Committee (Wiki) (http://staff.lib.ucdavis.edu/wiki/index.php/Library_Strategic_Planning_Process_Steering_Committee)
- How to use the Library Staff VPN