- In-Library Wireless Access
- Web Accelerators
- License Restrictions
- Barriers to Licensing Electronic Journals, Books, or Databases
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
How to Set Up Connection - Step A. Set Your Browser to Use the Proxy Service
Internet Explorer (Windows, Modem)
- From the "Tools" menu of your browser, click on the "Internet Options" entry.
- Click on the tab labeled "Connections".
- Select (by clicking) the appropriate item in the "Dial-up and Virtual Private Network Settings" list.
- Click the button labeled "Settings".
- Check the checkbox labeled "Use automatic configuration script".
Enter the following URL into the field labeled "Automatic Proxy Configuration URL":
WARNING: Avoid common mistakes.
- When using Copy and Paste to enter the URL, be sure there is NO space in front of the http://
- Do not omit the http:// in the URL. It is necessary.
- Remove checkmarks from "Automatically detect settings" (if checked) and then click the button labeled "OK".
Return to How to Set Up Connection.