- Program Description
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Instructions for Application and Reimbursement
- Scholarly Communication
- Contact Us
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- My Account/Renew Books
- Activate your Library Card
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Copyright & Intellectual Property
- Scholarly Communication
UC Davis Open Access Fund Pilot
Instructions for Application and Reimbursement
Follow these three steps to participate in the UC Davis Open Access Fund Pilot. If you have any questions throughout the process, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
1. Apply for approval.
Complete the Application for Funding form and submit it online. Inquiries about approval can be made before or upon submission, or at the point of acceptance. There is a $1000 limit on reimbursement, per author/article.
If article is accepted and UCDOAF request is approved:
2. Pay publisher directly.
Some authors will pay open access fees to their publisher using a personal check or credit card. Other authors may have campus funds to use. Be sure to keep proof of payment, since this is required by campus for any sort of reimbursement. An acceptable proof of payment has the following components:
- Name of Payee - Who did you pay for the goods or services.
- Amount of the Charge - How much did you pay for the goods or services.
- Transaction Date - When did you buy the goods or services.
- Form of Payment - What form of payment was used to purchase those goods or services.
- Description of the goods or services purchased - An invoice may be provided to show this.
3. Apply for reimbursement from UCDOAF.
Select either Payment Request Form (http://ucdoaf-payment-request.pdf)PDF or Interdepartmental Order Form (http://ucdoaf-interdepartmental-form.pdf)PDF reimbursement depending on source of original payment. Send forms and proof of payment as indicated on the forms. Reimbursement requests must be received between 10/22/12 and 12/31/13.
- Payment Request Form (http://ucdoaf-payment-request.pdf)PDF
Use this form if personal funds were used to pay the publisher's fees for open access. Be sure to attach proof of payment:
- Canceled personal check (or copy of the check, front and back, with bank endorsement).
- Original and/or copies of credit card receipts are also acceptable.
- Interdepartmental Order Form (http://ucdoaf-interdepartmental-form.pdf)PDF
Use this form if campus funds were used to pay the publisher's fees for open access. Be sure to attach proof of payment:
- A copy of the invoice or receipt