- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
Smith, William Henry Sedley. (1806-1872). Sides.
Collection Number: MC090
- Actor and stage manager who first appeared in the United States at the Walnut Street Theatre in Philadelphia in 1827. During his later years he was both actor and stage manager at the California Theatre in San Francisco.
Five holograph sides, presumably for roles Smith performed at the California Theatre in San Francisco. Sides are defined as pages containing an actor's part and cue words.
- Inclusive Dates
- Circa 1869-1872.
- Performing Arts
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt0r29r4k1)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least five business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.