C.M. Silva & Son Correspondence.
Collection Number: D-417
- 1.4 linear feet
- Charles M. Silva (1823-1894) and his son Edward B. Silva (1854-1952) operated C.M. Silva & Son, a nursery specializing in fruit trees and plants, in Newcastle, California.
- 135 letters written to C. M. Silva & Son from 1874-1879. Also included is one volume of outgoing correspondence from July to December 1886. The correspondence discusses growing fruit trees and plants, orders for their fruit and plant stock, shipping procedures, the quality of their products, and account debits and credits.
- Inclusive Dates
- Plant Science
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://findaid.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt6v19q65v)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.