California Canners and Growers Archives.
Collection Number: D-162
- 2900.6 linear feet
- Formed in 1957 with capital contributions from California fruit and vegetable growers, the California Canners and Growers Cooperative processed, distributed, and marketed its members' crops. It was the largest company of its kind in the U.S. and, at one time, controlled 65% of the nation's diet canned fruit market. The company declared bankruptcy in 1983.
- Invoices, cash receipts, accounts receivable and payable ledgers, financial statements, payroll ledgers, bids, marketing studies, canceled checks, pricing analysis, inventories, correspondence, and monthly manager's letters. Legal files pertaining to the lawsuit filed against the U.S. Government for remuneration for inventory destroyed after the August, 1970 ban on products containing cyclamates.
- Inclusive Dates
- Food Processing and Manufacture
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/c8xk8htr/)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least five business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.