Smith, Waddell F. Papers.
Collection Number: D-392
- 19.8 linear feet
- Historian, collector. Great grandson of William B. Waddell, member of freighting firm of Russell, Majors and Waddell, founders of Pony Express (1860). Smith retired from military service (1949) to devote time to study and promotion of Pony Express history. He settled in San Rafael, Calif. and organized a Pony Express History and Art Gallery.
- Social and business correspondence of Waddell Smith, financial records of Smith's Pony Express Museum, photographs, newspaper clippings, Pony Express memorabilia, and Overland Mail Centennial Association records.
- Inclusive Dates
- California History
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://findaid.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/tf409nb3f6)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.