Other Book Collections
Noling, A.W. Hurty-Peck Collection of Beverage Literature
- Size of the Collection:
- About 6,000 volumes and/or titles.
- History of this Collection:
- The collection was received as a donation from the family of A.W. Noling,
an Indiana businessman who built a successful beverage flavoring firm, the
Hurty-Peck Company, which was subsequently taken over by Universal Foods
- Overview/ Highlights of Collection:
- Subjects include bottling, beverage manufacturing, flavors, and chemistry.
Strengths in the collection include chocolate, tea, coffee, colas, and beer.
A.W. Noling's Beverage Literature: A Bibliography (Methuen, NJ:
Scarecrow Press, 1971) is considered to be the most comprehensive bibliography
on this subject to date, and was based in large part on this collection.
- Items in the collection may be located through the Harvest online catalog by searching:
WPC = (noling collection of beverage literature)