How Do I Find...
- Use the PSE Subject Guides
List or the PSE Database
List to select a database that indexes articles in your subject area.
For additional help see: How Do I Find
- Use the
Harvest Library Catalog to find books at UC Davis. Use
to find books at all UC campuses. These catalogs also list journals,
conferences, dissertations, and other materials. For additional help
see: How Do I Find A Book?
- Connect From Off Campus Information
Current UC Davis students, faculty, and staff can access licensed
library resources from off campus using either the VPN, or the Proxy Server.
Use Melvyl (http://ucdavis.worldcat.org) to find UC dissertations.
Abstracts to find non-UC dissertations.
For more help see: Finding Theses and Dissertations
- Electronic Journals A-Z
- A list of all electronic journals available at UC Davis. Note: all
journals are not available in electronic format.
- Electronic & Print Journals
- Use the
Harvest or Melvyl (http://ucdavis.worldcat.org)
catalogs to find both print and electronic journals.
- Electronic Reference
- Useful online reference works including: dictionaries, encyclopedias,
almanacs, unit conversions, etc.
- Guides & Tutorials
- Tips on using some databases and catalogs.
- Information on patents and patent databases.
- Overview of standards and specifications available at PSE, includes links to
- Subject Guides
- Subject Guides list article databases, encyclopedias, handbooks, and other
online and print resources by academic discipline.
For In-Person Assistance...
The PSE Reference Desk is staffed
Monday through Friday from 11am to 5pm. You can also send
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call