- Preservation Home
- History of the Preservation Department
- Conservation Treatment
- Care and Handling of Alternative Media
- Contact Us
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
Welcome to the Preservation Department
The Margaret B. Harrison Preservation Department is responsible for the development and implementation of procedures for the care and preservation of the Library's collections.
The department was dedicated to Margaret B. Harrison on September 13, 1990 in commemoration of her longtime library support and commitment to binding. Her enthusiasm and active participation in book binding began in the 1930's and continued for over forty years. After her death in the 1980's, her binding supplies and equipment were bequeathed to the UC Davis Library to support the Library's binding efforts. In addition, the Preservation programs are supported by an endowment provided by Mike Harrison in memory of his wife, Margaret. Read more about the history of the Margaret B. Harrison Preservation Department.