- Endnote Overview
- EndNote Download
- EndNote Library
- Citations Into EndNote
- Citations Out from EndNote
- About Term Lists
EndNote Filters for Databases at UC Davis
- Request a Custom Class
- How do I...? Guides
- Library How To Videos
- "Where Do I Start" (tutorial)
- Endnote @ UC Davis
- Librarian Subject Specialists
- Library Instruction Staff
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
Endnote @ UC Davis
EndNote is a bibliographic reference manager, one of several on the market today.
It is a great tool for academic research and publishing. Using Endnote, citations can be stored, searched and quickly inserted into research papers in the format of many scholarly journals. Endnote makes identifying and formatting citations for publications a breeze.
It is fairly easy to use with many of the online databases available to the UC Davis community and runs on Windows and Mac OS. It is also compatible with recent versions of Microsoft Word.
UC Davis now has a campus-wide license allowing all current UC Davis students, faculty and staff to install and use EndNote on computers at work and at home.
To download Endnote:
- Go to https://software.ucdavis.edu
- Sign in using your UCD Kerberos account
- Once logged in, click on Library in the left folder-tree menu
- Click on EndNote
- Scroll down and download the appropriate version for your computer operating system
Looking for an introduction to Endnote? The University Library hosts several EndNote workshops throughout the year.
EndNote Training Videos
Below are training videos on the major elements of the EndNote Program. For more information, you are welcome to browse EndNoteâs full selection of training videos on YouTube by going to their channel, EndNote Training.
- EndNote: An Introduction (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVEgjyY4Oj4)
- A concise introduction to EndNote. Be aware that some of the material for NTU does not apply to UCD, but this should be obvious.
- Library Basics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqK3Gk15X20)
- Another basic introduction to EndNote.
- EndNote X6 Overview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlnvmDnPzs0&feature=plcp)
- Another introduction to the latest version of EndNote, most useful to previous users of EndNote who wish to see the new capabilities of the latest version.
- Attaching files (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De1PFZYNFeQ&feature=plcp)
- A major issue. How to attach full-text files to your citation records.
- Direct Export with Firefox (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-_C0igCUp4&feature=plcp)
- One of the major methods for importing records into your EndNote library.
- Sharing References (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrVnfZxECVw&feature=plcp)
- An important topic for working in groups with EndNote.
- CWYW Formatting the Bibliography (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1y7B3f5pAg&feature=plcp)
- One of the major functions of EndNote.
- Bibliographies Made Easy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjIgO5xKQd0&feature=plcp)
- More on bibliographies.
Have a question about Endnote? The following resources can provide support and information:
- EndNote Email Technical Support Request (http://endnote.com/contact/customer-support)
- EndNote provides email and phone support for questions related to using EndNote software.
- UCD IT Express (http://itexpress.ucdavis.edu/)
- Contact IT Express to receive support downloading and installing EndNote on your computer.
- University Library EndNote Email Service Request (http://ask.php)
- The UC Davis University Library provides support for questions related to getting started using EndNote software with library research resources. Please use the EndNote email service request form and indicate your research subject area so the appropriate EndNote liaison can contact you.
Links & Resources
- EndNote LibGuide (http://ucdavis.libguides.com/endnote) A tutorial on the major functions of EndNote.
Filters for Databases at UC Davis
The latest version of EndNote for which the filter instructions apply is posted next to each platform. There are currently no plans to update instructions for the Macintosh for future version after X2. EndNote Web operates independently of version updates.
Resources from Endnote
Alternative Citation Managers
Below are open source technologies for citation managers that represent alternatives to EndNote. Be aware that they are not supported by UC Davis. For additional questions, please contact the librarians listed for each.
Mendeley is a free reference manager and online, academic social network that organizes your references and PDFs, builds citations and bibliographies, enables collaboration with other researchers, and facilitates networking and discovery of other papers, people, and research groups. As a resource, Mendeley contains over 100 million papers and allows you to create your own researcher profile that can be available for others to discover. It is available both as a desktop program and an online website, which are designed to complement each other.
It is also possible to upgrade your free account. With a free account, you have 2 GB of webspace and 1 private group that can have up to 500MB stored in it, and up to 3 users. For more information, visit: http://www.mendeley.com/upgrade/.
Contact: Raquel Abad, firstname.lastname@example.org, (916) 734‑3870
Looking for an easy way to keep track of the resources you find on the web? The Zotero plug-in for the Firefox browser can help you collect, organize, cite, sync, and share information. Download it for free or check out the standalone version at www.zotero.org. UC Davis librarian Laura Soito (a former lab tech) created this tutorial to help you get started.
Have questions, looking for a demo, or want to schedule a class? Contact Laura Soito.
Zotero compared with similar products:
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_reference_management_software (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_reference_management_software)
- http://libguides.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/content.php?pid=294548&sid=2418329 (http://libguides.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/content.php?pid=294548&sid=2418329)