Humanities & Social Sciences
- The National Political Index
- The goal of this site is to provide "one-stop shopping for substantive political information."
- Resources for Political Scientists (Univ. of Colorado)
- This is a general guide maintained by Susan Brumbaugh of the University of Colorado.
- Political Science Research Resources
- Guide maintained by Richard Tucker.
- Political Science Resources (Univ. of Keele)
- This is an excellent guide maintained by Richard Kimber of the University of Keele.
- Political Resources on the Net
- Political Science: Selected Internet Resources (Stanford University Libraries)
- Annual Reviews in Political Science
- In addition to Political Science, this Annual Reviews, Inc. site provides access to Annual Reviews in Sociology, Psychology,
Public Health, and Energy and Environment.
- Project Muse
- A subscription service from Johns Hopkins University Press that provides full texts of journals published by 10 major university presses. Titles with coverage in political science include the Human Rights Quarterly, The Journal of Democracy, SAIS Review, and World Politics.
- Law and Politics Book Review
- An electronic periodical from the Law and Courts Section of the American Political Science Association.
- The Avalon Project of at the Yale Law School. Department in Law, History and Diplomacy
- Provides access to primary source materials in Law, History, Economics, Politics, Diplomacy and Government.
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
- CIAO: Columbia International Affairs Online
- A project of Columbia University Press, its full-text resources include working papers, conference proceedings, contents pages
and article abstracts for eleven journals and the full text of more than forty books published by Columbia University. Available
to the UCD community through a subscription arrangement with the publisher, its editorial advisory board includes Bruce Jentleson,
formerly professor of political science at UCD and now at Duke University.
- The Constitution of the United States of America
- Prepared by the Congressional Research Service at the Library of Congress. Contains analysis, interpretation, and annotations
of cases decided by the Supreme Court of the United States.
- FindLaw: Internet Legal Resources
- Internet guide to US case law, law codes, law review articles, lawyers, law schools, legal organizations, and other information on more than thirty subfields of law.
- Data on the Net
- Well-organized, comprehensive site with a good interface produced at the University of California San Diego.
- Institute for Research in Social Science Data Archive
- Many types of social science data, including a searchable database of poll questions.
- Political Science Personal Homepages
- Public Opinion A Selective Guide to Library Resources
- Although designed for users of the Stanford University Libraries, this site can function as a comprehensive general guide
and pathfinder for an important specialty.
- U.S. Supreme Court Multimedia Database
- University of Minnesota Human Rights Library
- This site has been dubbed by a leading review journal as "the outstanding electronic data source in this field" (CHOICE). Links to many full text primary sources, bibliographies, course syllabi, and many other categories of materials.
- Uncle Sam's Reference Shelf/Statistical Abstract of the United States
- Political Science List of Lists
- Comprehensive guide to accessing list servs in political science.
Other Shields Collections
- Government Information (Lower Level)
- Has link to STAT-USA, a new online statistical service.
- Institute for Governmental Affairs Library (3rd Floor)
- For access to machine readable data in the political and social sciences.