- Subject Guides
- Librarian Subject Specialists
- Recommend a Purchase for Collection
- Ask a Reference Question
- Ask a UC Librarian
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- My Account/Renew Books
- Activate your Library Card
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Copyright & Intellectual Property
- Scholarly Communication
Humanities & Social Sciences
Note About Tests and Evaluations
Specialized tests are often utilized in Education and Psychology research. The University of California at Davis does not collect "tests" but we do offer access to evaluation and assessment literature, test locators and test critiques. Some of these are listed below. People interested in learning more about a sppecific test may also turn to the electronic databases Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HAPI) and PsycINFO.
- Health and Psychosocial Instruments [via Ovid]
- HAPI is an index to journal articles and other sources about measurement tools used in in the health fields, psychosocial sciences, organizational behavior, and library and information science. HAPI includes citations to questionnaires, interview schedules, checklists, index measures, coding schemes/ manuals, rating scales, projective techniques, vignettes/scenarios, tests. It is an excellent source for locating or reviewing health and psychosocial measurement instruments. NOTE: There are a limited number of simultaneous users so please logoff when finished.
- ETS Test Collection
- The ETS Test Collection includes an extensive library of 20,000 tests and other measurement devices from the early 1900s to the present. The collection is the largest in the world. It was established to make information on standardized tests and research instruments available to researchers, graduate students, and teachers. The tests contained in this collection were acquired from a variety of U.S. publishers and individual test authors. Foreign tests are also included in the collection, including some from Canada, Great Britain, and Australia.
- Buros Institute of Mental Measurement
- This online database provides citations to reviews of commercially published tests, publisher information from the Mental Measurements Yearbook, and Test critiques compendium.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook (formerly Buros)
- Highland Park, N.J. : The Mental Measurements Yearbook, 1941- v. ; 27 cm.
- Related titles: Continues: Mental measurements yearbook of the School of Education, Rutgers University
- For an online index to this series see Buros Institute of Mental Measurement above.
- Shields LB1131 A1 B8 HSSGIS Reference
- Test Critiques Compendium: Reviews of Major Tests from the Test Critiques Series
- Daniel J. Keyser, Richard C. Sweetland, general editors.
- Shields BF176.T4195 1987 HSSGIS Reference