About Health Sciences Libraries
- PubMed (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?tool=cdl&otool=cdlotool)
- CAB Abstracts (http://ovidsp.ovid.com/ovidweb.cgi?T=JS&MODE=ovid&NEWS=N&PAGE=main&D=cabz)
- CINAHL Plus Full Text (http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&profile=ehost&defaultdb=ccm)
- Embase (http://www.embase.com/home)
- Electronic Databases A-Z
- Electronic Journals
- Electronic Texts (select)
UCD Health Links
- School of Medicine (http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/medschool/)
- School of Veterinary Medicine (http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/)
- UCDavis Health System (http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/welcome/)
- VMTH (http://www.vmth.ucdavis.edu/)
- Ask Now (http://www.questionpoint.org/crs/servlet/org.oclc.home.TFSRedirect?Virtcategory=10975)
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
The Marjan and Marija Merala Endowment Fund
Marjan Merala, D.V.M., MLS, was the head of the Health Sciences Libraries from 1959 until his retirement in 1986. Under his direction, it was developed from a single, branch library to a comprehensive health sciences library, occupying a two-level building in the health sciences district on the Davis campus, and a separate branch in Sacramento to serve the UCD Health System.
As head librarian and ultimately Associate University Librarian, Marjan Merala served the faculty, staff and students of UC Davis in an exemplary manner for twenty-seven years. His tenure was distinguished in many ways, not the least of which was the challenge of several relocations of the library on the Davis campus before he collaborated with the founding dean of the school of medicine on the construction of the structure in which it is located today.
Dr. Merala exercised his exceptional collection development acumen to create a body of health sciences materials which faculty from the schools of medicine and veterinary medicine regard as among the finest in the nation and world. The unique strengths he brought to his career included degrees in veterinary medicine and library science, a mastery of several languages and an outstanding service ethos. He applied all of these for the direct benefit of the clientele of the Health Sciences Libraries.
The Marjan and Marija Merala Health Sciences Libraries Endowment Fund was established by the Merala's friends and colleagues to honor them for their long-time support of the university and to continue the development of the health sciences collections and services Marjan stewarded so effectively over his career.
The Marjan and Marija Merala Health Sciences Libraries Endowment is a component of the University Library's annual fund and additional gifts are always welcome.