- PubMed (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?tool=cdl&otool=cdlotool)
- CAB Abstracts (http://ovidsp.ovid.com/ovidweb.cgi?T=JS&MODE=ovid&NEWS=N&PAGE=main&D=cabz)
- CINAHL Plus Full Text (http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&profile=ehost&defaultdb=rzh)
- Embase (http://www.embase.com/home)
- Electronic Databases A-Z
- Electronic Journals
- Electronic Texts (select)
UCD Health Links
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
The Carlson Health Sciences (CHSL) serves the faculty, staff and students of the School of Medicine and the School of Veterinary Medicine. The collection has its strengths in the basic life sciences as they relate to human and animal medicine. The scope of the collection encompasses clinical medicine, veterinary research, and basic medical and veterinary sciences including genetics, virology, immunology, medicine, parasitology, orthopedics, neurology, epidemiology, preventive medicine and zoonoses. The journal collection is especially strong in the basic sciences and clinical research.
The Blaisdell Medical Library (BML) serves the faculty, staff and students affiliated with the UCD Health System (UCDHS) and supports the School of Medicine's curriculum. The collection contains monographs and serials in the areas of medicine, nursing and patient care. Print serials are retained five to fifteen years and monographs are usually no more than five to ten years old.
There are two specialized collections at the Blaisdell Medical Library — the Civil War Medicine Collection and the Bioethics Collection. The Civil War Collection is the personal collection of Dr. F. William Blaisdell, a UC Davis emeritus professor and a founding father of modern trauma care.