- International Organizations
- Foreign Governments
- Statistical Data
- Guide to Treaty Research
Government Information Resources
- Databases for Government Information: A - Z List
- Featured Database Guide
- Quick Subject Guide
- Research Guides
- Infomine: Internet Resources (http://infomine.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/search?govpub)
- USA.gov Reference Center (http://www.usa.gov/Topics/Reference_Shelf.shtml)
- Federal and State Tax Forms
- Citing Government and Internet Resources
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
International Organizations/Foreign Governments
Indicates a resource restricted to UCD IP addresses or authenticated VPN or Proxy Service users only
- UNdata (http://data.un.org/)
- This new system available through United Nations Statistics Division offers free access to UN data on a variety of areas including demography, national accounts, commodity trade statistics, energy, and tourism from several UN organizations including FAO, UNESCO, and ILO.
- United Nations Statistics Division (http://unstats.un.org/unsd/databases.htm)
- The United Nations offers unrestricted access to a number of statistical databases through this site.
- InfoNation (http://www.un.org/Pubs/CyberSchoolBus/infonation/e_infonation.htm)
- InfoNation is an easy-to-use, two-step database that allows you to view and compare the most up-to-date statistical data for the Member States of the United Nations.
- FAOSTAT (http://faostat.fao.org/site/291/default.aspx)
- FAOSTAT is an on-line and multilingual databases currentlycontaining over 1 million time-series records covering international statistics in the following areas: Production; Trade; Food Balance Sheets; Fertilizer and Pesticides; Land Use and Irrigation; Forest Products; Fishery Products; Population; Agricultural Machinary; and Food Aid Shipments.
- Statistics of the Human Development Reports (http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/)
- The HDR monitors the global progress of human development across countries. The indicator tables in the Reports are drawn from the leading international data series that are the best available when the Report is produced each year.
- UNESCO Statistics (http://stats.uis.unesco.org/ReportFolders/reportFolders.aspx)
- UNESCO produces global and internationally comparable statistics on education, science, technology, culture and communication.
- World Development Indicators and Global Development Finance (http://databank.worldbank.org/ddp/home.do)
- World Development Indicators (WDI) is the primary World Bank database for development data from officially-recognized international sources. Global Development Finance (GDF) provides external debt and financial flows statistics for countries that report public and publicly-guaranteed debt under the World Bank's Debtor Reporting System (DRS).
- World Economic Outlook (http://www.imf.org/external/ns/cs.aspx?id=28)
- Data from the International Monetary Fund's (http://www.imf.org/) World Economic Outlook are usually published twice a year. It presents IMF staff economists' analyses of global economic developments during the near and medium term.
- World Health Organization: Statistical Information System (http://www.who.int/whosis/)
- The WHO Statistical Information System is the guide to health and health-related epidemiological and statistical information available from the World Health Organization.
- SourceOECD (http://new.sourceoecd.org/) VPN
- SourceOECD features OECD statistical databases and full text online of OECD publications.
- Eurostat (http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/portal/page/portal/eurostat/home)
- The Statistical Office of the European Communities (Eurostat) is the statistical arm of the European Commission, producing data for the European Union and promoting harmonisation of statistical methods across the member states. Eurostat data are now available free of charge.
- World by Map - Statistics, Maps and Charts (http://world.bymap.org/)
- This site features data on land area, population, demography, health, education, energy, economy, trade, labor, finance, transportation and telecommunications.
Data on Administrative Divisions and Cities
- City Population (http://www.citypopulation.de/)
- This site features the population of all countries, major cities and agglomerations for each country. This site also provides data on the land area and population of the administrative divisions for each country.
- Geohive: Global Statistics (http://www.geohive.com/)
- This site provides population statistics of regions, countries, provinces and cities. It also provides data on land area, natural resources, energy and economy.
- Population Statistics: Historical Demography of all Countries, their Divisions and Towns (http://www.populstat.info/)
- This site provides historical demographic data at the national level, and historical population data for cities and administrative districts.
- United Nations: Population Density and Urbanization (http://unstats.un.org/unsd/demographic/sconcerns/densurb/default.htm)
- This site presents data on the population of the city proper according to its administrative boundaries and on the urban agglomeration (comprising the city proper plus its contiguous built-up areas). Since population census years differ among countries and areas, the reference years for the city populations vary.
- World Gazetteer (http://www.world-gazetteer.com/)
- This site provides a comprehensive set of population data and related statistics including: current population figures and area size for all countries and important territories; population figures and area size of administrative divisions; population figures for the largest cities, towns and places as well as for metropolitan areas; historical population data (census or estimates; mostly from last or last two censuses); and overview maps that show the position of the country or the administrative divisions.
- City Population (http://www.citypopulation.de/references.html)
- This site provides a comprehensive list of links to national statistical agencies.
- OFFSTATS: Official Statistics on the Web (http://www.offstats.auckland.ac.nz/)
- This site provides links by country to web sites of a wide range of national level government statistical agencies and international organzations.
- Country Portal: Statistics Belgium (http://www.statbel.fgov.be/port/cou_en.asp)
- This site provides links by country to web sites of governments, international organizations, and non-governmental organzations providing statistical data.